Mile High Mini Milkers Mini Dairy Goat Show
15445 Powhattan Rd, Brighton, CO 80603
June 12th 2021
Special Note About COVID:
We strongly recommend being fully vaccinated prior to participating in our public event. If you cannot provide proof of vaccination, masks will be required. Children over the age of 5 will also be required to wear masks.
MDGA Show Rules
Eligibility to participate in an MDGA sanctioned live show requires that you be a current MDGA member.
- In order for animals to be accepted for participation in an MDGA show, the owner must present either an official registration certificate or a registrar-issued confirmation email with a registration number assigned to each animal being considered for registration. Late MDGA registration applications must be submitted to the registrar a minimum of 8 days prior to a show.
- To compete in an MDGA sanctioned “Experimental” show, a miniature dairy goat is not required to be registered with MDGA but may be registered with another official miniature dairy goat registry. If such an animal is awarded Grand Champion of its breed, the animal’s owner will have two weeks from the show date to register the goat with MDGA in order for the animal to receive the winning leg; otherwise, the leg will be awarded to the Reserve Champion as long as the Reserve Champion is registered with MDGA.
- All MDGA-recorded “Grade” animals are eligible to be shown in sanctioned “Experimental” shows and are also eligible to receive Champion or Reserve Champion wins. To be shown, all registered or recorded grade animals whose certificates were issued by a registry other than MDGA must meet the MDGA standards for registration/recordation. Should it win, an animal belonging to this category must be registered with MDGA within two weeks to receive its official Champion win.
- For all entries in a sanctioned show, either a registration certificate or an email from the registrar showing that an application for registration has been submitted to the registry must be presented to the show secretary or appointed trustee at the time of check-in.
- All animals must be tattooed or microchipped with assigned tattoo numbers prior to arrival at the show. (No tattoos or microchips should be applied at the show.) Owners of animals with microchips must have a microchip reader available at the show. Champion and Reserve Champion animals will not receive official awards if the tattoo or microchip cannot be read.
- Tattoo(s) must match the recorded information exactly on the registration certificate to receive credit for an official “leg”. If the tattoo is correct but in the wrong location, MDGA will award the Championship but without the “official leg”. If the tattoo is incorrect for that animal said animal will be disqualified.
- Animals with horns or scurs exceeding two inches are not acceptable for showing.
Mile High Mini Milkers Mini Dairy Goat Show Rules
This MHMM show is sanctioned by MDGA and TMGR. MDGA show rules shall govern. See MDGA Show Rules above.
All entries are nonrefundable. We WILL allow substitutions at check-in with no additional fee.
- MHMM Mini Dairy Goat show is separately sanctioned for Senior Mini Nubian Does, Junior Mini Nubian Does, Senior Mini Nubian Bucks and Junior Mini Nubian Bucks.
- Base date for calculating age is June 12th, 2021.
- There is no pre-show milk-out. Please be sure your does are shown with a comfortable amount of milk in their udders.
- Exhibitors should dress appropriately – white shirt and denim pants/skirt are preferred.
- No glass containers of any kind are allowed on the grounds, and milk dumping only in designated areas.
- Please come prepared with tie chains, especially if you are showing in more than one class. We will have volunteers to help show but they may not always be available to help you. Ask for help when checking in if you will need help showing.
- In addition, please keep ALL first and second place animals ringside so that we may quickly get them in the lineup for Grand and Reserve Champion. All first place animals will line up when it is called, with all second place animals directly behind those places.
- Results of negative CAE and Johnes (for goats over 6 months old) are required to be sent to the show chair prior to the show date. Upon arrival, the animals will be subject to a hands-on vet check provided by Signe Balch, DVM. Animals showing suspicious abscesses or signs of serious illness or disease must be removed from the property. The Show Committee reserves the right to refuse any animals showing signs of ill health.
- Animals and Exhibitors are showing at their own risk. MHMM will not be held responsible for any injury, death, sickness, or complication that may arise as a result from showing at the Sonflower Ranch to you or your animals. Entering this show will indicate the exhibitor has read and understands all the rules and agrees to follow all the rules and holds no accountability to the show or show committee for anything gone wrong, lost, stolen, injured, sick, or death.
- ORDER OF SHOW will be as follows:
- -Junior Mini LaMancha Does
- – Senior Mini Nubian Does
- – Junior Mini Nubian Does
- – Senior Mini Nubian Bucks
- – Junior Mini Nubian Bucks
- Best in Show Doe
- Best in Show Buck
- AGE CLASS LIST
Junior Does (under 2 years old; never freshened)
Class 1: Junior doelings – born between April and show date
Class 2: Intermediate doelings – born in March
Class 3: Senior doelings – born in January or February
Class 4: Junior dry yearlings – Born June 12th 2020-December 31, 2020
Class 5: Dry yearlings – are twelve to 24 months old and have never freshened
Senior Does (Does that have freshened or been in milk)
Class 6: Senior does less than two years old
Class 7: Senior does: between two and three years old
Class 8: Senior does between three and four years old
Class 9: Senior does between four and five years old
Class 10: Senior does five years old and older
Class 11: Junior bucklings – born between April and show date
Class 12: Intermediate bucklings – born in March
Class 13: Senior bucklings – born between June 12th 2020-December 31, 2020
Class 14: Bucks between one and two years old
Class 15: Bucks between two and three years old
Class 16: Bucks between three and four years old
Class 17: Bucks between four and five years old
Class 18: Bucks five years old and older
- Arrival and check-in will begin Saturday, June 12th from 8:30am – 9:30am and Judging will begin at 10:00am for Ring 1.
- Entry fees are non-refundable. Your first entry will cost $10, each additional goat is $5. Max cost is $50. Entry fees are due by June 3rd, 2021.
- Entries are to be completed on the MHMM Mini Dairy Goat Show Form
All Show Fees are to be paid via PayPal to MileHighMiniMilkers
- By entering the MHMM Mini Dairy Goat Show, you indicate that you have READ and UNDERSTAND these show rules and you agree to comply with them.
- For questions or information, email firstname.lastname@example.org